Debug continuously displays new events that occur in Web Port and are by default not stored. Some functions will automatically stream to the debug log, while debug mode must be activated for e.g. devices and nodes.
To clear logs, click CLEAR LOG in the toolsbar. Confirm in the dialog that opens to complete.
When a log is cleared, an entry is made in the system log noting the date/time and which user performed the cleaning.
Under Debug settings it is possible to activate the following:
- Debug web server activates logging of metadata for transactions to the web server.
- Log to file saved the debug log to local file until the set end date.
- Under Manage log files you can download and remove saved log files.
Under Packet capture in the toolbar you can activate the following:
- Log network packets saved all network traffic for chosen network interface in pcap format which can e.g. be opened in Wireshark.
Note, this information is not shown in the debug log.
- To activate, chose end date/time under ”End logging” and click Start.
- To finish ongoing loggin, click stop.
NOTE! Logging network packages requires installation of Npcap (https://nmap.org/npcap/) with the setting ”Install Npcap in WinPcap API-compatible Mode” activated.
The system log records events such as restarts and logins. These are stored in a database and are searchable historically.
The error log records various errors that occur in Web Port. These events are not saved in any database, but the last 100 events since restart are searchable.
The send log registers all transmissions from Web Port for reports and alarms. These events are stored in a database and are searchable.
Here, all user changes to object are stored. These events are stored in a database and are searchable.
The user log can also be viewed filtered under each page by selecting Log in the toolbar menu of the page.
A user can also type their own comments. It is also possible to pin log messages to the top of the log, and comment on log messages.
Here, all users' comments are stored. These are stored in a database and are searchable
System, Error, Send, User log and Comments are filterable (as strings) on one or more columns.